Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 1....A Lifetime To Go!

I don't think anyone has ever looked at me and said...damn, that girl really needs to lose some weight, but I have said that about myself pretty much as long as I can remember.  I can remember being in high school, and taking diet pills in order to lose weight! That was about 40 pounds ago and now I look at those pictures and wish I could be that size again.


I have been trying to lose weight all my life and at some points (in my 20's) it was really very easy to do so.  As time has passed and I've had a child, it has become damn near impossible!  I've tried Weight Watchers, I've tried low carb, no carb, South Beach and every diet in between with varying amounts of success.  Lately though, I just can't seem to lose weight with these diets, I'll lose 3 lbs and gain 5 and it goes on like that every week.   I know the reason, it's because I just haven't been committed to them.  I don't want to be on a diet for the rest of my life..i want to change my diet to live the best life I can.

That is why..today and over the next year, I am committed to changing my lifestyle.  I already exercise and love exercising, but I will no longer use exercise as an excuse for me to eat whatever I want.  I am making a commitment to eat foods that are fuel for my body, mind and soul.

Over the next 60 days I'll be doing the Insanity workout and eating plan.  I've done the workout before but have never done the eating plan, because I was using the workouts as an excuse to eat whatever I want  :).  I'm hoping the eating plan will help me to understand eating for fuel and will give me some basic things that I can then start to build into my life. 

I'm writing this blog to share my journey with anyone that's interested and to give myself some accountability.  I hope that my journey will inspire others to start their own journey to whatever a better life means for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment